President Barack Obama watches news coverage of the passing of Nelson Mandela, in the Outer Oval Office, Dec. 5, 2013. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
President Barack Obama is photographed during a presidential portrait sitting for an official photo in the Oval Office, Dec. 6, 2012. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
citing that it does not meet the test of balance and contains no new proposals.
President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama participate in a moment of silence on the South Lawn of the White House September 11, 2012
- W.H. Egg Roll: An Obama family affair "The Obama family welcomed thousands of parents and children to the White House on Monday for the annual Easter Egg Roll." [Politico]
- Obama puts taxes at center of campaign fight "Obama will talk about taxes in Florida on Tuesday when he delivers a speech in support of the "Buffett Rule," a measure to insure a 30 percent tax on income over $1 million earned by wealthy Americans." [Reuters]
- Dems running for governor will be at Draft Haus Thursday ”Democratic candidates running for governor on the May 8 primary election will be in Sturgeon Bay for a forum to be held from 5:30-8 p.m. Thursday at the Draft Haus Restaurant, 901 Egg Harbor Road.” [Green Bay Press Gazette]
- Democrats vying for Senate agree on Iran, economy "Democrats competing to succeed the retiring Sen. Joe Lieberman agreed that that the U.S. should tighten sanctions against Iran and avoid war to force it to give up its ambitions for nuclear weapons" [Norwich Bulletin]
President Obama offers his warmest greetings to all who are celebrating Easter and Passover this weekend, and reflects on the common thread of humanity that binds us all together.
- Obama team slams Romney, Walker on women’s issues: “President Obama’s re-election campaign is zeroing in on Mitt Romney for allying with Republican Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin — who just repealed an employment discrimination law.”[CBS News]
- Obama camp to Mitt: Open books: “President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign called on Republican front-runner Mitt Romney to release his tax returns dating back to the 1980s, to see if they contain information about an uncommon investment arrangement at his former private-equity firm that may have helped swell his individual retirement account.” [Politico]
- GOP iReporter still backs Obama: “Arizona Republican AZStranger shared his thoughts on why he plans to vote for Obama in the coming presidential election”[CNN iReport]
- Annual White House Easter Egg Roll to be held Monday: “The White House estimates more than 35,000 people will participate, including Dora the Explorer, Katsuma and Poppet from the Moshi Monsters game, Alex the Lion from ‘Madagascar 3.’” [The Washington Post]