Aneesh Chopra was appointed by President Obama as the first United States Chief Technology Officer in 2009. As an Assistant to the President, he designed the National Wireless Initiative and executed an “open innovation” strategy across the agencies built on private sector collaboration.
This opened data to transform health, energy and education markets, convened tech leaders to develop consensus standards, and sponsored prizes, challenges and competitions to tap into entrepreneurial problem solvers.
Chopra previously served as Virginia’s Secretary of Technology and has returned as a Senior Advisor with The Advisory Board Company, a global research, consulting, and technology firm helping hospital executives to better serve patients, where he previously served as Managing Director.
In 2011, Chopra was named to Modern Healthcare’s list of the 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare (#39) and in 2008, to Government Technology magazine’s Top 25 in their Doers, Dreamers, and Drivers issue. Chopra earned his master’s degree in public policy from Harvard University in 1997 and his bachelor’s degree from The Johns Hopkins University in 1994.
Democratic Candidate for Lt. Governor of Virginia fighting for fairness, equality, and opportunity for all. As your next Lt. Governor, Aneesh will fight for women, champion the middle class, and bring a new attitude to Richmond.
- chemman9 reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- queenchrysalisrps likes this
- theyoungwitch reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- sols-sanctum reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- eclecticdreamweaver likes this
- aycedanger reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- mykie-the-crazy-cat-man reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- errantobserver reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- errantobserver likes this
- thecarpetcrawlers likes this
- a-quiet-conscience reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- a-catch-on-song likes this
- truth-has-a-liberal-bias reblogged this from demnewswire
- iwouldntbewearingamask reblogged this from recall-all-republicans
- jaison96 likes this
- recall-all-republicans reblogged this from demnewswire
- truth-has-a-liberal-bias likes this
- recall-all-republicans likes this
- roguebelle reblogged this from demnewswire
- bronx2216 reblogged this from demnewswire
- demnewswire posted this