Dear fellow Americans,
Two years ago today, a mentally ill young man shot me in the head, killed six of my constituents, and wounded 12 others. My recovery has been tough, but I’ve worked very hard, and I feel lucky to be with my family and have this opportunity to do something important for my country.
Since that terrible day, America has seen 11 more mass shootings, but no plan from Congress to reduce gun violence. After the massacre of 20 children and six of their teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary, however, it’s clear: This time must be different.
As moderate, gun owners and victims of gun violence, we know there are some common sense things this country can do to reduce gun violence and protect responsible gun ownership. And we’re not alone. The vast majority of Americans – including three-quarters of NRA members – support efforts that promote responsible gun ownership. But a gun lobby driven by an extreme ideological fringe has used big money and influence to stop Congress from acting.
That’s why, today, we are inviting you to join us as we launch Americans for Responsible Solutions. Our leaders must take action to reduce gun violence and protect responsible gun ownership. Please encourage your family and friends to join the conversation by sharing Americans for Responsible Solutions now.
We can’t take back the bullet that went through my head or fill the 20 empty beds in a Newtown neighborhood, but we can come together right now to prevent future tragic shootings.
Gabreille Giffords & Mark Kelly
- fuckyeahladiesofthe113th reblogged this from demnewswire and added:
- under-the-moonlight-tower reblogged this from demnewswire
- mixed-multimedia likes this
- ktdktdkjd reblogged this from demnewswire
- perpetuallyperplexed1294 likes this
- elizabethtudorsrevenge reblogged this from demnewswire
- quickhits likes this
- jerfreyy reblogged this from demnewswire
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident reblogged this from demnewswire
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- demnewswire posted this