By Jim Puzzanghera LA Times - The outspoken Massachusetts Democrat, whose 16 terms in the House officially ended this week, said Friday he wanted to be the interim replacement for Sen. John Kerry.
Kerry (D-Mass.) has been nominated by President Obama to succeed Hillary Clinton as secretary of State. If Kerry is confirmed, Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, a Democrat, would appoint someone to hold the seat until a special election could be held a few months later.
With Congress set to make major decisions on government spending cuts and raising the nation’s debt ceiling this winter, Frank said he’d like to rejoin the fray.
- kimsperfectlycursedlife likes this
- waysweshowourage likes this
- sleepygirlgang reblogged this from sweatywithstrangers
- resurrecthobbes likes this
- baronbentley reblogged this from demnewswire and added:
- baronbentley likes this
- bubbleheadtravels reblogged this from demnewswire
- sweatywithstrangers reblogged this from heartbreakdream
- sweatywithstrangers likes this
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident reblogged this from demnewswire and added:
- liberal-focus likes this
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- dendroica likes this
- heartbreakdream reblogged this from demnewswire
- quickhits likes this
- demnewswire posted this