WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department says Secretary of State Hillary Clinton plans to return to work next week after being treated for a blood clot in her head.
Spokeswoman Victoria Nuland says Clinton is resting at home but is speaking with senior staff and is, quote, “sounding terrific, upbeat and raring to go.”
She says Clinton looks forward to returning to her Washington office next week, although a date hasn’t been set. Doctors have advised her to avoid international travel for now.
Clinton was discharged Wednesday from a New York hospital, three days after doctors diagnosed a blood clot during a follow-up exam stemming from a concussion she suffered in December. Doctors are treating the clot with blood thinners and say they expect she will fully recover.
- fascinasians likes this
- suzziepsyche likes this
- acmilanfan1993 reblogged this from nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident
- freedomtochooseourownchains reblogged this from nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident reblogged this from demnewswire and added:
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- together--we--can reblogged this from demnewswire
- firstactproblems likes this
- pobrekita likes this
- westernsky likes this
- stumble-tumble-bumble likes this
- gingermous likes this
- violetwoolf likes this
- noone34 likes this
- razzyzzar likes this
- pope-john-paul-george-and-ringo reblogged this from demnewswire
- pope-john-paul-george-and-ringo likes this
- alifeofrandomness likes this
- demnewswire posted this