Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn said Monday that a special election will be held to fill the congressional seat vacated by former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., who stepped down last week amid an ethics probe and ongoing health problems.
Quinn said a primary election would be held on February 26, which coincides with an already-scheduled local primary election, and proposed setting April 9 as the date for the general election to coincide with another previously-scheduled vote.
The governor’s statement said Quinn was working with state lawmakers to establish April 9 as the date of the general election, rather than an earlier date, since it falls outside the 115-day period established by state law to schedule a special election date.
- jsarevisited likes this
- quixylvre likes this
- dizzydezzi reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- hairtrending reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- dizzydezzi likes this
- invisiblelad reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- wheres-stoney reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- okorogariist likes this
- truth-has-a-liberal-bias reblogged this from justinspoliticalcorner
- together--we--can reblogged this from demnewswire
- bethanysworld likes this
- recall-all-republicans reblogged this from demnewswire
- truth-has-a-liberal-bias likes this
- justinspoliticalcorner reblogged this from demnewswire
- justinspoliticalcorner likes this
- resurrecthobbes likes this
- recall-all-republicans likes this
- sarahlee310 likes this
- neighborhoodr-chicago reblogged this from demnewswire
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- demnewswire posted this